jambaloney here again!
first up - sky pic for helga - this is gabarus lake on my way into town a couple of weeks back:
back to the plumbing, first thing i had to do was clear out the shelves... i had some help, i am sure you approve winston ;-))
here is the line in from the well. the well is a good 200+ feet from the house and buried deep enough that it hasn't frozen yet, i am NOT screwing around with this:
however, this elbow isn't in a great place. note the plastic insert and hose clamp, this it the standard way to connect flex pvc, i know it's not high-tech, but it works:
you can see the bare bones here, there is a nice lean on the pump doe to slightly too short hoses. you can also see where the plastic ends and the copper begins. i am not replacing any copper today, but i do need to re-position some of it:
which requires a blowtorch, this handy little number has a built in igniter - works well!
i have to separate this section:
done! (yes, all the water is off at this point)... i had to shorten it and reattach it - no problem!
oh yeah, everything else has been disconnected -;-)))
i tear out the crappy shelving AND remove the boards that were used to pour the concrete foundation... these are supposed to be removed as soon as the concrete is set. not these!! as an added bonus, they are still in place 10 + years later in various spots...gathering mold, rotting and keeping the moisture in the basement and in the foundation - NICE!!
i had measured and pre-built a stand for the new setup as well as the "thing" i made in my last post. i also made a small stand for the bladder so the line out would line up with my "thing"
i also made a stand for the pump and fastened it firmly in place
here is the finished product. i re-attached the copper pipe with the existing faucet and shut-off to my thing with clear 3/4" hose at the far left. the pump is at a lower level so that the hose from the well has a straighter path. plus, the whole setup is lower now. i positioned the bladder so that the line our from the pump has a more gradual curve than it did. the line from the bladder at the right then goes to the "thing"... right to left:
1- ball valve to cut water supply after the bladder (to change filter, add lines etc.)
2 - t-junction for outside hose line (which i ran outside through a hole to a proper sill-cock)
3 - pre-filter tap for misc rough use
4 - water filter with 3 settings; filter, pass-through and closed
5 - post-filter line for laundry - i changed the tap for a 3/4" t junction and set the actual tap closer to where the washer goes, yes, it is zip-tied to a metal rod that is set in the concrete - a bit rough, but it will do fine ;-))
here is our outdoor hose setup complete with sillcock - woot!
a week later, shelves are built and storage is MUCH better. home-made berkey is close to water supply and the washer has it's own home with a nice built-in step.
i used a bunch of thin scavenged shelving to line the right wall. this was great because ALL liquid stuff is in one place now (oils, solvents, paint, glue, soaps etc. etc.)
all in all the basement is 100 times better and so is the plumbing. i can control it and as an added bonus, the pump makes a lot less noise attached to wood than it did sitting on top the bladder.
here is a pic of fuller's bridge ;-)