Thursday, March 27, 2014

a little bit of bragging - teehee!

as some of you have noticed, i have started up the Framboise Manor Good Eats blog again. several of my friends, and internet friends, have asked that i start putting up the recipes of pics of food that i put up on this blog. so now, i am going to try to do 2-3 recipes a week.

when i first started this blog, i always asked permission for any new blog that i found that i wanted in our blogroll. so in starting up the Good Eats blog again, i sent out messages to a few food blogs that i follow daily and asked their permission to put them in our Good Eats blogroll.

one of my favourite food blogs is Ozlem's Turkish Table. Ozlem is an internationally renowned chef who does private classes and culinary tours. here is a description about Ozlem from her website:



"I am a native of Turkey and Turkish cuisine and culture is my passion. I taught Turkish cooking classes through Central Market Cooking School in Texas (Austin, San Antonio and Houston) as a guest chef for 5 years. It was a wonderful experience to introduce my homeland’s cuisine, history and traditions to fellow, enthusiastic foodies and I have been delighted to see such amazing interest for Turkish cuisine, and what has been cooked in Turkish homes.

I now teach Turkish cooking classes privately in England and through cookery schools like the prestigious Istanbul Culinary Institute in Istanbul and Central Market Cooking Schools in Texas, USA, now over 7 years. Here you can find my upcoming Turkish cooking classes near you. I also teach cooking classes for small parties in the comfort of your home. Please contact me for inquiries."

like i say, i read her blog daily and i have learned so many Turkish and Mediterranean recipes. her recipes are reliable and she explains all of her recipes in a step-by-step fashion, and includes drool-worthy pictures!
all of this to say - i contacted Ozlem to get her permission to add her blog to our Good Eats blogroll. because she is an internationally renowned chef - i didn't want to just add her without her permission - it would be like asking Gordon Ramsay if you could put a link to him on your sucky little food blog - i just don't think he would agree.

Ozlem gave me not only her permission, but went in and took the time to actually leave a comment on my last post on the Good Eats blog. the last post is a recipe for braised rabbit ( i put it up especially for Mike Yukon!). so, again, she gave permission to add her blog to ours, AND bothered to take the time out of her busy day to leave a comment.

i was honoured and humbled. and i just wanted to share all of this with you. if it sounds like bragging, it kind of is. but i just couldn't believe that someone so busy, a renowned chef, would take the time to bother. 

Ozlem, i appreciate your taking the time to give me permission and to leave a comment. 

for any of you interested in a beautiful food blog, filled with delightful food, beautiful pictures, history and culture - check out Ozlem's Turkish Table. you won't be disappointed!

and for any of you interested in the recipes for the pics of food that i put up here, go and visit the Framboise Manor Good Eats blog. yes, PioneerPreppy, i mean you, too - bahahahhaha!

10 comments:

  1. Bah food posts. Charred meat and salt are the only ingredients I need and a bit of honey now and again. :)

    I do a lot of food prep though it's just my job ends once it's ready to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, i know you hate the food posts, you grumpy old man - bahahahah! xox

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you had a food blog. I will check it out. I don't cook and usually eat out of a can or a frozen container, but I like looking at the good food pictures you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, Harry, i started a food blog about a year ago but kinda just let it drift off. there's a link to the foodblog on the right side of this page near the top. i wish you were closer as i would not let you eat out of a can or frozen container! and thank you for the compliment. i appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Sweet Kymber,
    I've tried to join it twice, blooger keeps telling me to try later. So I will try again later.

    Love all of your food, and recipes...............
    Your food posts always make me drool, lol
    Sending hugs and love to you and Jambaloney.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Sandy - let me know if you are still having problems and i will try and figure out what the prob is. thanks so much for the compliment - it's lovely coming from you! much love and hugs coming right back at you! xoxox

      Delete
  4. Very cool - thanks for sharing with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Dani - i am no foodie extraordinaire but some people have asked me to start the food blog again so i am really going to try to keep up on it.

      Delete
  5. Hey Gurlie,

    I love all your food pics and such, I think I gain weight every time I read one..lol
    Have you checked your email lately?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is good news :D I haven't done your kimchi yet but I hopefully try soon. I love Turkish food. I studied in Turkey and did fieldwork there, so a lot of good memories on Turkish food! I learned how to make yogurt in Turkey: the milk man came with his truck while playing a very distinctive tune. So you always knew he was around.

    ReplyDelete