danger - MANY pics but i will try to keep the text to a minimum you can make a baby barn/shed outta a truck cab..
first up -last trout day (okay it was a month ago)... water was high!
i canoed out from where i store the canoe - never done that before!
it was a nice night
and i caught a couple of trout! one each for sandy and pp!
so the shed starts with our old front deck that jimmy built .. it is 6`x10` - perfect
so i picked a good spot that will allow for easy access to the driveway and be out of the wind:
and then i trenched the spot
next up - i got a bunch of ratty plastic, old tarp and old poly..
which is good enough for a vapour barrier if folder over a few times..
to the beach for rocks..
one of our summer friends told me his neighbor was ditching a pile of old creosote 4x4 - i was over in a flash - a whole pile of 7 footers and to the right is a 12 footer and a 16 footer - pure gold!!!
i only needed 3 for the base..
next i horfed the old deck on the 4x4s - it was pretty heavy!
but sat nicley!
then a pallet on the back...
and then 2 more up front
and there is a bare bones frame! i used a lot of deck screws securing it
next up i put on a lip with old boards..
it is spaced properly for the cab clamps to use - you can see underneath..
so now the cab - it proved a bit much to lift
so i made a ramp that you saw in kymber's earlier post
and spaced the ramp inside the cab so i wouldn't bend the cab bottom while sliding
away i went..
and it worked - nearly blew a gasket mind you ;-)
after i got it up, i put poly all around..
and added two braces near the front on each side for stablility..
i used plastic leftover from making garden markers to make teh ploy tight by screwing it in the gaps of the pallets
oiled up the clamps..
and secured teh cab in place over the poly lip - on the lip i put a layer of sill foam under the poly - worked perfectly!!!
last time under a tarp for you!
in a new home that will be dry all year - eliminating water problems!!!!
osb door screwed in place...
and later painted with a four-point secure system made outta old clothesline wire and a bungee cord - just one hook in the middle - i don't want to be pouring frozen water on metal latches to get to the snowplow.
This was a great project - it worked out perfectly and cost only the price of deck screws and new sheets of poly... WAY cheaper than a shed from a kit - woot!
here is a nice sunset
and bird feeders: