Sunday, November 13, 2011

TKO'd!

Totally Knocked Out! sick as a dog! we went to the Volunteer Fire Department meeting on Wednesday night. when we got there the hall was freezing. i have been feeling cold and shivery ever since jambaloney got sucker-punched. i lay on the road with him for about 30 minutes wearing nothing more than a sheer skirt, no socks, sandals on my feet and a light top. then i lay on the freezing cold hall floor with him. nothing was worse than the hospital - it was colder in there than it was outside!!! and i realized that i have been shivering and holding my upper body in a hunched position since then.

sitting in that position at the VFD meeting and shivering again for another hour and a half - i think my body just gave in. i am pretty run-down and not afraid to admit it. i woke up in the middle of the night and ran to the bathroom, calling for jambaloney. i had interesting things happening at both ends. it was not pretty, nor enjoyable.

thursday morning saw me praying for death. and more interesting expel-ations from both ends. couldn't hold down any food - not even water. there would be no Remembrance Day celebrations for me. but at least i could watch the national Remebrance Day Ceremony streaming from CBC - but no - not a chance! we were experiencing 50-80km winds and sheets of rain that day and lost power! arghghghghgh! i would have made myself stay up for the whole ceremony, but the truth is, i fell asleep right after we did our 2 minutes of silence. and slept the rest of the day leaving jambaloney alone.

when i got up later that evening, we were still without power but jambaloney had set up the generator and the basement had not flooded. as true to form as they are, Nova Scotia Power had us up and running in under 12 hours and we are truly in the middle of nowhere. we experience better services here than when we lived in the city!!!

anyway - our birthday/Christmas gift to each other arrived the next day and not a minute too soon! i have been out of commission since thursday morning, but our hot-tub arrived and jambaloney re-did a bunch of wiring in order to put it, and our sump-pump, on their own breaker. we spent today filling the tub. and we forgot to take pictures of the process because i was sick and he was so focused. but i will put up a pic of the finished product once it heats up and we clean up the deck - AGAIN! Operation Hot-tub starts now! it will take a full day to heat up, but my aching muscles and joints can't wait!

my friend Donna just went through a bout of what she called "the plague". i might have gotten this from her. make sure to go and check her out. but try not to catch the plague!

holy crap! i just went to link to Donna's blog and saw her Veteran's Day post. and couldn't help myself reading it. Donna's husband Rick is a veteran who has sacrificed much so that you and i can be free. Donna has also been through hell and back and very eloquently reminds us that this day of remembering is not only about the soldiers and the veterans - it is about all that their families must sacrifice, deal with, and live with too! and in her very aware manner, she remembers all of the other countries that have served beside the US soldiers and thanks them too!

thank you Donna! thank you Rick! please make sure to stop by and read her beautiful, honest and very sad, yet uplifting, post!

we will be dropping in to everyone's blogs shortly. i can't wait to see what some of you posted for Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day. but when i miss a few days on people's blogs, i always go back and re-read all of the new posts.

thank you all for your beautiful comments on my last post. i promise to respond to them all! just maybe not right now. head is spinning and need to lay down. but i promise to get to your blogs soon okay?

until then - thank you all for all of the comments that you left on all of my Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day posts - i really appreciated every single one of them!

27 comments:

  1. Oh no you sound like you've been really suffering! Poor you, I hope you get better soon.

    My Remembrance day has been and gone coz I did it on my sidebar and background, but it was there, honestly!

    Get well soon Kymber!! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime I get a chill I take a hot hot bath and that seems to cut off a cold. I am sure all the stress with Mr. J did not help any. Stay warm, feel better, and enjoy the hot tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I know being sick sucks. You need to get some rest and take care of yourself! Sometimes I think you just push to hard. Get well soon, the blogosphere truly misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon, I've had something since Tuesday setting off my migraines. I'll trade....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kymber,

    I sure do feel for you. Kick back and listen:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYU-_xr-8Y&feature=related

    Thinking of you two.

    Winston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it is quite sufficient to only mention "Both ends" once in any sickness posting. I think that is a blogger penalty "roughing the reader" and requires a 100 word penalty added to your next post and must include something about smurfs.

    So get well soon and be thinking about Smurf posts.

    That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry and I hope you feel better soon. I hate to be sick and sure hope that the LDN will keep me strong to fight anything that comes my way.

    Hopefully Jambaloney won't catch it from you....then we'll be in for a couple of weeks of Smurf Posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kymber,

    So sorry to hear that you are sick ... bummer ! Misery loves company - so guess what ? I've had the same symptoms for awhile now too ! Yup - sick as a pig. On the bright side - if this is the annual flu, then we're good - we'll be better soon and won't get this plague again. It's weird that we ate the same meal on the same night, and now we're sick at the same time ... huh ?

    Sending you healing vibes ... Helga :) or more like :( today !

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((((((Kymber)))))) I just read your comment on DN. I am off to read the post of Donna's~

    <3 To you and Jambaloney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joey - i have vague recollections of waking up, crying, asking Jam to make me some hot water with lemon and him telling me that "Joe put up an awesome background with fields of poppies. it was just gorgeous. you are going to love it!" and i sort of vaguely remembering to tell him that if he didn't stop talking that i was going to strangle him. but i was in the middle of the plague and can be forgiven. but jambaloney saw your beautiful background...and i can only imagine how beautiful it must have been knowing your artistic eye. thank you for remembering, Joey...thank you!

    Dear Rob - i used to LIVE in my bathtub. and then a few years ago we got a hot-tub in the city - woohoo! and then i gave it to jambaloney's stepdad. and then we haven't had one since. nor a bathtub. our bathtub is about 4cms deep. it's not worth it to get in it. such a sad shame. but with the hot-tub - woohoo - we don't need the bathtub anymore. i can't wait to get in it.

    mmasse - i will be wearing full MOP AND arctic gear to the next meeting - i will not sit shivering like that again. i did enough of that last year during the winter in the Manor - bahahahah!

    SciFi - ya know, we are both so much alike. and we do push ourselves until ---- woops! breakdown! ya i have been overdoing it for a while and i think i am just run-down and need some rest and some really good food - both of which i am now getting and will soon be sitting in that hot-tub! thanks for that, eh?

    Matt - i get awful migraines too. haven't had one since the last pressure system moved in. do some research about barometric pressure and migraines...i have found it very helpful to be aware of weather patterns as they tend to trigger my migraines. i can do some research for you as well - let me know.

    Winston - am listening. it is very calming...and sweet...and uplifting. and we are thinking of you, my dear. thank you.

    PioneerP - thank you for pointing out my oversights on blogging etiquette - but hey - i am new to this!!! and if you must know - i was called Smurfette from grade 6-9! so there. now you know where all of my issues come from!

    Tango - bahahahahhaha! no Smurf posts here - it ain't happening! i didn't hear my actual name spoken for almost 4 years and then didn't hear my actual name spoken in the military for almost 3 yrs (nickname in the military was "Punker"). i am trying my damndest to stay away from jamabaloney as he CANNOT get sick this soon after just starting to heal! and i am hoping that my LDN comes soon!

    Helga - too weird. and now you are making me wonder? becuz it is just too much of a coincidence?!?!?!? but if it is the annual flu - hey - we just built up antibodies together...i am feeling better...are you? i sure hope so...and am having jambaloney sending healing vibes to you...i am afraid that mine are covered in the plague - bahahahahahah!

    thank you to all of you! i really appreciate it!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen - i must have been commenting when your comment came through - please do go and visit Donna - it will be well worth your while, my dear forever friend!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, Dear sweet girl...someone, might have been Mudbug said you're too mean to get sick. Guess he was wrong. Anyway, hope this finds you much recovered. From Little Bit, Sweet Wife and your truly, all our love and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you're under the weather.Hope your up and at 'em soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. KYMBER,

    here is another I find hauntingly beautiful. Take a listen.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRj9Y_XciJM

    Winston

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shock over Jambaloney's getting hit, cold, cold, and more cold. And, your body could not resist whatever bug you got. Sometimes, when I get cold again and again, it makes me ill, too. However, nothing is ever going on at both ends, ever. It is just my head, ears, and chest. You may remember my month of fever late this summer. I really hate being sick and looking back at how it all happened and thinking if I had just gotten warmer, sooner, or taken med sooner.

    That hot tub should be good for whatever ails you, just make sure the both ends have stopped...LOL. I love to sit in my old clawfoot tub. Well, with the torn rotator cuff, I cannot get out, so I don't get in.

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you feel better,Kymber. I am still fighting the plague...woozy head,and cough.BLAH! Thank you for your kind words regarding my Vets Day post and the link.The messages I received on my post were lovey and yours made me cry. Everything is still very raw for me,even 6 years later. Lots of love,Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just been catching up on posts myself. Your Remembrance Day posts were very moving. The Bigs got the honour of participating in the ceremony here, with the Air Cadets, and then the additional honour of serving dinner to a group of vets at the legion. They had an excellent day that they will remember for years to come.

    Thank you for serving! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kymber, hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kymber, hope that you both get to feeling better. Swung by Donna's blog, and, again, was very touched.
    Now, about that hot tub. You don't want the water hot enough to cook smurf brains. lol Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. PracticalP - i think you are right. i have just been so cold lately and i think that i caught some kind of bug from being run-down. i haven't been cold or flu kind of sick in forever and this really sucks! and i won't be getting into the hottub until both ends have stopped, my friend! after you have your surgery will you be able to get in your tub? i sure hope so!

    Donna - oh crap - sorry to hear that you are still fighting it - that means i still have a few days! no prob about the Vets Day post - i was thoroughly touched by it and thought that some of my friends here would be too! thank you for sharing the whole story with us! and everything should still feel raw - 6 yrs is a long time in some ways - but in other ways it is not a long time at all. lots of love back to you Donna and i hope that you are feeling better soon!

    Wendy - thanks for catching up on the Remembrance Day posts. i am glad that the Bigs participated. i remember being young and serving the vets at the legion - it always felt like an honour and something i enjoyed! i am glad that they had such a great day!

    Duke buddy - i am trying. and hoping to feel even 50% better soon. i really feel like crap!

    thank you all for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Flier - i am feeling a bit better today - still so lethargic and sluggish! and Donna has been sick for almost 10 days so i am not looking forward to having more days of feeling like this - blick!

    thanks for checking out Donna's post.

    as for the hot tub - no smurf brains being cooked in it - bahahahahaha!

    thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ..hope you are felling better!..when you get to the ripe old age of 41 you don't bounce back like you used to! hehe, jk!

    ReplyDelete
  23. egb - you are soooo right my friend - bahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how cool that your sweet hubby told you about it! Yes it was the poppies! Unlike me to have flowers!

    Hope you are feeling better! And you get a special mention on my blog for knowing Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joey - he saw it and said that i would LOOOOOVE it! maybe i'll get to see your next year flowers - teehee! okay heading over to your blog right now - yer darn tootin's i saw Kylie. i love her too!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  26. Being sick stinks! my kids have been passing it back and forth to each other.. I really hope you are feeling better soon and can enjoy that hot tub!

    ReplyDelete
  27. JUGM - i have been enjoying that hot-tub. isn't it awful when, according to mmasse, little "plague" bearers keep passing the same bug back and forth!

    i hope your kids get better soon. poor little things. being sick as a kid sucks worse than when you are an adult.

    thanks for stopping by. i really appreciate it!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete