Wednesday, May 31, 2017

the haircut that never happened...and having a fantastic "girl's day out" with my big sis C!!!

finally a beautiful day for planting! i did a bunch of herbs in the greenhouse and planted 100 yellow onions - tomorrow i will plant 100 reds.


kids - i had a fantastic day yesterday with my big Sis C - we had a hoot but not without any mishaps - apparently i'm "bad luck schleprock"!!!!! my big Sis C took me into the city to get my haircut - it hasn't been cut since we moved here if you can believe that! so, off we went on our adventure! we made a couple of stops for a variety of things and then went to my haircut appointment. i stopped in the bathroom and a teddy bear was on the handtowel dispenser. i thought "oh great. now i have to bring this to lost and found". but it turned out that if you found it, you were to return it to the photography section and get a coupon or something. i promptly gave it to big Sis C so that she could give it to her other sister E...to use for baby pics of E's grandchildren. turns out it was a total bust - something like 5% off of a $500 dollar bundle. BURN number one!

BURN #2 came when we went to the salon and the hairdresser who was supposed to cut my hair (big Sis C's niece) wasn't in, but the only hairdresser in the salon, who was cutting a lady's hair in the most horrific and terrifying manner possible, said that the manager would be back in 5 and could cut my hair. i sent big Sis C off shopping while i waited.

BURN #3 came when while i was waiting, 3 little old ladies came in, one after another, almost in tandem. i wondered did they have appointments??? then the manager showed up, explained that she had me booked for the following tuesday and would i mind to wait while she did the 3 old ladies. she said she would be done with them in about half an hour! i explained to her how long my hair really was (it was up in a bun) and that i would need consultation time. her eyes bugged right out of her head. when she reacted like that i just decided that i was not to get my hair done that day because there was no way i was letting her touch my hair!

then me and big Sis C did some more various and sundry and then decided we were going to Swiss Chalet for a treat for her. she knows i don't like to eat at restaurants or eat any food that is processed but i can handle it once or thrice a year.

BURN #4 came when we were seated in Swiss Chalet and i drooled over the hot roast beef sandwich! my sis had the chicken sandwich which she just loved. anyway, when our food arrived, mine came on a huge platter with fries and veg. and a big giant side order of gravy - i looooove gravy! my sis and i hadn't started our meals yet when the waitress ran over and explained they had made a mistake - they had given me a hot chicken sandwich instead - with beef gravy on it!!!! the waitress asked if i wanted to send it back but i just said "no. it's fine. no worries." it was loaded with chicken - i'll give you that but i really did want the roast beef! big Sis C gave me no end of trouble for not sending it back!!! the iced tea i had, though, was to die for!!!

we laughed, ate our food, chatted and just had some girl day fun! here's a pic (with my sis's permission) of us having a hoot together:



she is such a generous, kind and caring friend - i love her to death!

and another pic of us (please don't pay too much attention to my deviated septum):



there was other mayhem that happened that i can't mention - just know that it had us in fits and starts laughing to kill ourselves!

but the day wasn't a complete failure though! SCORE #1 - a pink mermaid tail blanket that i got when we were doing some shopping:


it's a real beauty and i can wear it on cooler nights in the summer when we sit outside in our rocking chairs.

SCORE #2 was a new fruit bowl for jambaloney to put beside his comfy, tv-reading chair. we have a bigger fruit bowl in the kitchen but never think to reach for some fruit at night when we're snacky. but if the fruit is in line of sight, we'll snack on them all night.

all in all it was a great day out with my big Sis C! i am making another appointment in our nearest town - i've been in to that shop run by a very fastidious lady whose shop is immaculate. so now me and big Sis C will have another "girl's day out" and i am sure that much mayhem will ensue!

19 comments:

  1. How very English of you to not send the food back even though it was incorrect! lol. I hate going to restaurants as I know I can cook it better and cheaper at home. It kind of takes the fun out of it all. Although we did find a vegan cafe in cornwall that we will go to another day, they actually made a TVP dish I will eat.

    I am funny about my hair. I have been cutting it myself with the help of a you tube video. my hair is an inch from my waist. After some horrific hair cuts I can only let my friend cut it. She does it twice a year. she cuts my hair, I babysit her 4 kids so they can have a date night. Sounds stingy of me, but she lives 4.5 hours away, else I would look after them more often.

    Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sol - jam and i used to go out to a variety of restaurants back in the city - restaurants that used good, healthy ingredients. but places like swiss chalet and those kinds of restaurants - bleck! we love all kinds of ethnic food and i have become very adept at preparing them way better than the food we had back in the city!

      can you send me that youtube video that you use? i once had jam do a trim for me and he did nothing short of a hackjob! my best friend back in ottawa was one of the best hairdressers ever...oh man i miss her. but she always did really super cool cuts and colours - now i just want to keep my length (middle of my back), get the dead ends off and maybe some layers. but i want to keep my long hair! xoxox

      Delete
    2. I use this one. My hair is curly if short so I wont have it short. I have to cut the layers as long as possible. if I let it be curly it is just below my shoulders. I dry it straight as it is easier to look after, it is just above my waist. you feel like you need to be an octopus, but I find her explanation very easy to follow

      Delete
    3. ha I forgot the link! ere tis

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFBhCOVx4E

      Delete
  2. I hear you about the haircut. I go maybe every 6 months to get mine done. The rest of the time it is up in a bun or a pony tail out of my way. DH loves it long, but after a while it gets hot and in my way so I go get it cut. Got to go to my folks 60th wedding anniversary party the end of June over at the Connecticut shore, so I've got to go get mine cut. Pictures, don't ya know.
    DH refuses to go to a barber shop, he has me cut it. I've gotten pretty good after 8 years of practice. Some come out better than others, but, like he says, if you screw it up, it grows back out. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz - jam likes my long hair too but i wish he would learn to trim it - bahahahah! and yes, my hair is most often up in a ponytail/bun when i am out in the garden but i like letting it down in the evenings. congrats to your folks for their 60th anniversary - that is wonderful! and i wish you were here to take care of my hair - i just need the split ends cut off and trimmed every few months. if you've been doing hubs - i am sure you could do mine! xoxox

      Delete
  3. Unless the food is completely destroyed, you always take the food. You never know when it might be back.

    I have never really enjoyed getting my hair cut. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TB - i agree. then there is the fact that if you send food back - if you get a p*ssy waiter or line cook - who knows what they might do to the food due to your complaining???

      i used to like getting all the new styles and staying en vogue but since moving here - i really don't want to get my hair cut. but something needs to be done with this ratty mess that hasn't been cut in over 7 yrs!!! xoxoxox

      Delete
  4. My mom has given me almost all my hair cuts. I have a friend from high school who cut my hair, she was amazing :) too bad I'm 750 miles from them.
    I'm glad you had fun with your Sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michelle - we had a really nice day together! i understand about wishing for your friend - my best friend who cut my hair for 10yrs is 1,600km away - it sucks! xoxox

      Delete
  5. This is the first time I've seen you with your new teeth. Looks great, well worth the pain and waiting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike - not sure if you saw this post about my teeth...i did the post for Vonne as she had asked questions. if you are interested in seeing more pics of my teeth, go here:

      http://framboisemanor.blogspot.ca/2016/08/a-post-for-vonne-about-getting-false.html

      there's another post with a more natural-looking smile here:

      http://framboisemanor.blogspot.ca/2016/08/quick-update.html

      i have to admit that i am pretty happy with them! xoxox

      Delete
  6. I would have ate the food too simply because I wouldn't have wanted to watch my friend eat while waiting for the reorder... or even worse, make their food get cold from waiting for the reorder.

    The last time I paid someone to cut my hair was about 25 years ago. Since then, I have cut my own hair!

    Nice teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed - i thought the exact thing - waiting for re-order, friend's food getting cold, etc., etc.

      geesh - git yer butt up here and cut my hair - yer a full-blown hair cutter if you have been cutting your own hair for that long! i just need a trim! and thank you very much! i provided links to other pics of my new teeth to Mike above if you are interested. am loving reading about the kitchen remodel. xoxox

      Delete
  7. Well, it sounds like you had a wonderful day despite Murphy's Law butting in. I haven't been in a salon since the Dark Ages. I get quips about 'who cut your bangs' but, hey, it is only hair and it will grow back. Or like I tell the boys... wear a hat! hahaha But now you have an 'excuse' to have another day out with your Sis! :-)

    Lovely smiles, looks like you both had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hobo - we had a fantastic day although Murphy wanted to hang out with us too! that dang Murphy!!! teehee - "who cut your bangs" - that's a good one! but yes - now i have another excuse to head out on another girl's day - crossing my fingers and knocking on wood that we actually GET my hair cut on the next outing - bahahahah! xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxQVejXwts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never hurts to get out and go somewhere different, even if it's just a day trip. Especially if you can do it with your sister in tow, so you two can share the adventure. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete