Tuesday, February 14, 2017

we may be idiots.....but we're certainly not lightweights!!!!

a lot of our friends back in the city thought we were crazy for moving here. a lot of the people who actually live here think we are crazy for moving here.

we like it just fine! here's the front of the manor.


here's jambaloney in a drift out back - amazingly the deck didn't get too much snow.


i made sure to keep the man fed.


here's the front of caribou-dura.


here's jambaloney in the drift in front of the house.


some pureed butternut squash soup that i made last year - i roast the squash with garlic and onion and a bit of carrot - then add 27 million spices. next i puree the squash,onion, garlic and carrot with a pint of home-made broth. then it gets canned and when i open a can to heat up i add coconut milk. chuck a few fresh cilantro leaves on there, some blood orange, salt and pepper, another dollop of coconut milk and you are talking a very filling and healthy soup for when your man is shovelling all day.


don't get me wrong, i'm usually in charge of sweeping any gathered snow off the porch, and doing the front step/deck and back step/deck. but if it's too deep, it's jambaloney to the rescue. here's the side of caribou-dura. jambaloney has to shovel all of the big drifts by hand as the atv plow only goes so high.


he also has to shovel his way just to get to the atv shed.


some of our own smoked trout on multi-grain crackers with a wasabi/dill mayo, red onion and olives for an afternoon snack.


we're not getting to the greenhouse anytime soon.


check out my beautiful chopping block that jambaloney got me for valentine's day. it's a gift for the house, but it's mostly for me because i do the majority of the cooking and if possible, i cook everything from scratch.


my man has wanted a curry supper for a few days now. and with it being valentine's day, i made him kymberz famous curry and made the curry powder from scratch. the stuff is delicious and so versatile! so we had shrimp/carrot/cauliflower curry and his delicious basmati rice. it was yummeh!


a BIG THANK YOU to PeteForester1 for the comment he left on the last post. jambaloney read your comment and appreciates the tip. he will try it out tomorrow. thanks Pete!

and a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who wished us well during this storm - we appreciated it!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are okay. Man, that looks like a lot of snow - at least to me.

    Much Love, TB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Kymber and Jambaloney,

    Now that's enough snow!!! Plenty of shoveling to do out there. I'm not even going to complain about our weather :-)
    All that yummy food, looks amazing, and will be great protein needed when working outside in the snow. Stay warm, and be safe.

    Sending hugs, and love your way.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful snow scene, just snuggle down and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful food! You are a chef extraordinaire, Kymber! Drifting can really be a challenge to shovel. I think I have shoveled 5 miles of paths since Sunday. I love everything about snow except driving in it....you two keep warm and cozy! I know you will be well-fed. BTW, that chopping block is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats a lot of SNOW! we had a few flakes but nothing that settled. Food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's something very peaceful and soothing about being snowed in. I know it makes things inconvenient and does get to be a problem if it lasts too long. But it's a chance to just slow down.

    If you can stay warm and dry, and have nice meals inside your cozy home while it's so arctic outside, then you have the world by the tail.

    I was very glad you came by and visited today. You were missed, not just by me but by a lot of people who frequently asked about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems like you're both well fed and well prepared, I bet the snow doesn't know what hit it with Jambaloney the machine out there attacking the drifts. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw a comment from Jambaloney on our blog, I thought it might have been frozen solid out there!
    Stay safe you two! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wish I was there...

    You look like you're sorted whatever the weather, so all I can say is - enjoy 😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here I am, complaining that it's too warm for my arugula and it's starting to bolt, and look at you! Not that I want to trade but it would be nice to exchange maybe just enough to make things nicer for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kymber, check your email when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete