jambaloney here - yes i know it has been a long while since i posted - i have been pretty busy with work, still i did manage to get our quick- and dirty shed built in october and novemenber.
first off - down to the beach to get rocks to make a base - i put these on plastic for weather barrier - i used an atv ramp for the wheelbarrow - it was a bit steep..
so i lessened each load - 4 trips did the trick.
for the base i didn't skimp - all pt lumber..
i pre-set screws at 16" intervals along the 2x12s as pilot screws, i used the compressor to add 2 nails to on either side when together...
i used some free creosote 4x6s as runners on the rocks (on an old tarp)
so here is the flooring deck
and then a floor!!!!
i also bought all new lumber for the frames..
and here are all the frames made, i used the floor as a large workbench!!
compressor came in handy but it died after the frames were done,,,
another angle of the frames - the shed is 8x12 feet - anything over 100 square foot floor area requires a building permit.
after some fiddling around, here are 2 frames braced together...
and squared off at the base - before...
as i only have 96 sq feet of floor space, i decided to "go up" so one length is 8 feet high, the other 10, this save on cuts, - i couldn't heave the 10 foot high wall frame up without it slipping ( i am only 5' 7") so i tacked a board on the floor to use as a brace...
hurrrah - 4 sorta-walls!
next was the Simpson hurricane ties that i use for rafters - it allows me to cheat and avoid cutting notches to seat them flush on the frames...
here is a good look with them in place ....
i square them all off at once
then clamp them to mark for cutting and placement in the hurricane ties
my new saw i love - 12" sliding miter - 2 at a time!!!
these blocks are for the ends and the hurricane ties won't work there..
you can see the blocks at the top here on the ends - i screwed the rafters into them and put plates on the outside..
black plastic vapor barrier...
and walls - missing a few interim pics - i was in a rush -
ed - i DID have 6 old pieces of plywood for walls so some of this was scrounged!!!
but the end wall here is osb ..
hiding behind vandura...
well the rest i built without photos - i got it done just in time... the roofing is a new favorite of mine, osb covered with 6 mil plastic covered with a tarp - 2 hr installation, good for 5 years , 20 bucks. i re-roofed the sheds on the north side of the manor this way too. all buildings are "supposed" to be temporary, but this shed might stay in which case it will get siding and a metal roof one day,
i covered the NE wall in plastic and slapped a crappy old door on there - this lets a lot of light in - the side is most protected form the wind..
it may look like crap but it stores a LOT. we got the furniture out on the attic that was in the way of everything and stored a bunch of other stuff that was in out way out there... the corridor is just the right size and since then our living and working areas are noticeably better!!
for sandy - last day of the season trout - aug 31, 2015..
and for pioneer P - a week before the end of the season i got this beauty - best colours of the year!
just spent the last 2 days shoveling snow and am looking forward to another dumping on saturday - i am beat - hope you are all surviving winter!!